Skip to main content

Summer Favourites

Okay, I know right now it hardly feels like summer - I'm still wearing jumpers and a coat!  But I do have some summer make up loves that I wanted to share.


My first is the Clarins Lip Oil, this has been out for a while but there is a new flavour out now called Red Berry which I'm loving.  I leaves my lips with a light reddish tint, feel gloriously rich when putting it on and last ages.   My lips which can sometimes feel dry especially at the moment as the temperature is all over the place feel moisturised and soft when using this.  one bottle (0.23 fl oz) is lasting me around three months.  At £19 this may seem a bit excessive for a lip balm but it does go a long long, gives a great summer shine and tastes lovely.  The sponge applicator is soft and swipes the product on evenly and doesn't leave a sticky residue.



My second Clarins product is the Summer bronzing compact.  I've been using this for the last two months to give a subtle glow, partly to convince my very pale self it is really getting warmer!
This is quite a large compact (10g) and includes four shades;


  • Two Matte Bronzing shades (Cooper Beige and Sun Drenched Beige) 
  • Golden tint 
  • Apricot Blush 


You can use the shades individually to build, contour and highlight or mix to whatever level of bronze you want to achieve.  As I say I've used this four two months and it barely looks like I've touched it.









I came across a new hair range recently and purchased 3 products in trial sizes on a mix up promotion  for £11 from eSalon.

When you visit the site and choose the mix and match you can either decide on your own products or answer a few questions and have recommendations provided.   I went with choosing my own,


  • Get Lifted Root Lift Spray 
  • Get Heated - Thermal Protect Mist 
  • Shining Armour - Renewing treatment oil 
I went with this selection as I recently had my hair coloured and highlighted.  I'm naturally a dark brunette but have my hair a dark blonde with light blonde highlights in the summer.  So my hair needs a lot of TLC.  I use hot tools on a regular basis and my hair is thick and heavy as I'm currently growing it out so needs a little help at the roots to hold style.  

I love the smell of all three products it's light and a little floral I can't quite put my finger on what it is but it smells summery.  

I love the Thermal protect mist - it's a great size for trying out the product and it really does work.  My hair can break and fry quite easily as it's coloured but I notice it's breaking and not looking as damaged after curling with this mist.  

The Root Spray works well - I'm not great at blow drying my hair but I do notice more body and lift when I use this even if I am just rough drying my hair.  I think if you were more talented and skilled than I am at blow outs it would give a great boost and hold.  

The only product I'm not massively impressed with is the oil, don't get me wrong it's okay. It's light and smells great but by hair doesn't feel smoother or silkier after using as it does with other oils like Moroccan oil or OGX oil.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Ready With Me - Pamper Routine

Life is hectic, stressful and chaotic, it can play havoc with your skin, your health and your general wellbeing.  Sometimes you just have to say stop and take a little time for yourself to give your body a treat and recharge your batteries for the days/weeks ahead. After going through periods of stress and anxiety I found that taking some time to have a mini pamper session could lift my mood, help my skin and lower my stress levels.  I try at least once a week to give myself a mini pamper session to relax and refocus my mind. This is currently my pamper routine; As we move in to Spring I'm exfoliating my skin with Calcot Manor Body salts, this is refreshing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth after months of being hidden under long sleeves and jumpers. I apply to damp skin using a circular motion starting at the feet and working my way up. CALCOT MANOR SCRUB I then shower off the salts which do leave a bit of oil on the skin, I tend to follow up with Treacle Moon

10 Things I Love about "It's Okay to Not be Okay"

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint. So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far; 1.  Burton esq Whimsey The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character bea

Room Tour - Study Redesign

My house is my sanctuary, which every now and again needs a bit of a spruce up.  At the moment it's my study that needs a little TLC.  It's been a bit neglected for a while so this year it's getting a bit of  lift.  I also think my tastes have changed a little since the last time I decorated it properly. To start with, my study is quite a small room, it's meant to be my writing/working at home haven; a dedicated space to work.  A couple of years ago I bought my desk which I love, it's solid wood and reminds me of the desks you see in old movies or period dramas.  So the theme for this room will fit in generally with the look of my desk. I looked through the Houz app which I do find kick starts my interior design creativity and I watched some of the home design videos of my favourite vloggers such as Fleur De Force, Alexandrea Garza, Viviannadoesmakeup  etc. I  settled on the following key aspects I wanted to incorporate in my design;  Richly coloured w