Skip to main content

Tried & Tested - Fleur De Force Make Up Range

I'm usually very wary about trying new products on my skin, for a long time I've stuck to trusted brands but sometimes even after years of using a product a reaction can develop.  So I decided to start trying new products selectively and hopefully find some new items that will work for me.

I've followed Fleur's blog/Vlog for a little over eighteen months now, I find her videos interesting, friendly and informative.  It's like having a conversation with a friend over coffee.  So when she launched her make up line last year I was interested to see how it would work out.


Fleur De Force Make Up Line 

I didn't purchase her products initially as I wasn't sure they were for my age range.  But after watching her videos where she demonstrates the eye shadows and lip balms and seeing some of the reviews come in I started to think that maybe this would be something I could try.

I've been giving my skin time to settle down after having a reaction last year to an eye product, I wanted to make sure my skin was ready to try something new. While browsing the internet a couple of weeks ago I noticed FeelUnique.com had some offers on, so I took a look.

If you're a new customer to feel unique.com I would recommend joining the cash back website TopCashBack first as they currently offer around 10% cash back on any purchase with this retailer.  I always use a cash back website where possible as it's a great way to save money which can also be paid back to you in a gift card for in store purchases or online.

Anyway, I noticed Fleur's range was on offer and coupled with cash back this sounded like a good deal to try the product out.


LIP GLOSS

Starry Starry Night 
Written in the Stars 



I'm currently have dark blonde hair and my eyes are blue, I chose the lip gloss based on the video posted on Fleur's  YouTube channel launching the line.

Written in the Stars is quite a natural everyday colour - it was a little darker than I thought but it works for me as I have quite a dark/rich pigmented lip colour anyway.  This is the one I'll probably get the most wear out of as I can wear it for work and it works well with my every day make up look.
I like the texture, it's quite creamy compared to other lip glosses which can be quite sticky. It stays on okay for me, I try to drink a lot or tea/water during the day so I know I'll have to reapply which is no different to the some of the high end glosses I've tried.

Starry Starry Night, is a deep berry colour, it's bright and vibrant and I like how it lifts my look.  I would say I'd keep the rest of my make up quite muted as this is quite a strong colour for me.  I would also say it's probably something I'd use more in cooler months (Autumn/Winter/Spring) rather than in Summer where I would want a more natural look.

The packaging is nice and the applicator is soft and spreads the gloss quite well.

I've been using these for the last couple of days and I really like the colours and the longevity of the product- for the price these are great and I would repurchase.

EYESHADOW

Cosmic Bronze: Coconut Cream, Taupe Brown, Mink Shimmer and Cocoa Brown.
Lunar Rose: Baby Pink, Rose Gold, Shimmer Rose and Soft Mauve.




The eye shadow quads I was a little nervous about, I don't think the website pictures do them justice.  I thought the palette looked flimsy on line but in fact it's quite robust.  I haven't tried the little brush that comes with the eye shadow, it's cute but just not practical for me so I reverted to my trusty eye shadow brushes and blender.  


I also thought I'd like Lunar Rose more than Cosmic Bronze, but it's actually the reverse.

I've been wearing these for the last couple of days, I tried Lunar Rose first an stuck to the palette.  I did use my Clarins eye make up base which I use daily anyway.  I found the Baby Pink of Lunar Rose a little darker pink than I would usually use so I did use a lighter base colour from my Mac Pallette as a highlight on the second day of using this pallete.  This is just my personal preference as I like a lighter colour on my brown bone. as my skin tone is probably more peachy than Fleur's.  

I love the other colours and can use them every day. I don't think they are as pigmented as say my Mac eyeshadow but they are comparable to others I've used, such as Bobbi Brown.

I tried Cosmic Bronze and I could use this as my everyday palette, the colours are light enough that they don't look heavy and they mix really we'll.  I also think I'd be able to dress them up either through layering or mixing with a couple of my Mac or Urban Decay palettes for a night time look which I haven't tried yet.

They shadows coupled with my eye shadow base also lasted really well and didn't crease in my eye socket the way some eyeshadows can as the day wears on.







I am surprised how much I like these products and they are at a really reasonable price point.  They also aren't just for a younger market, I'm in my 30's and they colours work for me.

I would like to see Fleur expand the range and maybe include a couple of lighter highlight colours.

Has anyone else tried this range what did you think?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Ready With Me - Pamper Routine

Life is hectic, stressful and chaotic, it can play havoc with your skin, your health and your general wellbeing.  Sometimes you just have to say stop and take a little time for yourself to give your body a treat and recharge your batteries for the days/weeks ahead. After going through periods of stress and anxiety I found that taking some time to have a mini pamper session could lift my mood, help my skin and lower my stress levels.  I try at least once a week to give myself a mini pamper session to relax and refocus my mind. This is currently my pamper routine; As we move in to Spring I'm exfoliating my skin with Calcot Manor Body salts, this is refreshing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth after months of being hidden under long sleeves and jumpers. I apply to damp skin using a circular motion starting at the feet and working my way up. CALCOT MANOR SCRUB I then shower off the salts which do leave a bit of oil on the skin, I tend to follow up with Treacle Moon

Festive Reads - Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market

My second Festive Read, yes I know it's still technically September, was Heidi Swain's Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market.   Released in October 2016, this book is part of the Wynbridge series, in this story we are introduced to Ruby who has recently dropped out of university and is heading home to run a market stall for the Cherry Tree Cafe in order to save some money to go travelling. Her dad is not happy that his daughter whom he seems to want to live vicariously through is working as a market trader.  It soon turns out there maybe more to his concerns about her working on the market than it first seemed.  Not only is Ruby faced with dealing with her dad and his strange behaviour but she is working on the stall next to her childhood sweet heart who after three years she still hasn't got over.  Throwing herself in to making this the best Christmas market ever Ruby is determined to being back the community feeling and turn Wynbridge's Christmas mar

10 Things I Love about "It's Okay to Not be Okay"

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint. So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far; 1.  Burton esq Whimsey The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character bea