Skip to main content

Spring Beauty - Make Up Testing and Routine

The clocks have gone forward, the mornings are nights are growing lighter and the weather is supposed to improve - maybe! 

To prepare for the change in season I paid a visit to my local Clarins counter.  I love the Clarins team at House of Fraser, they have been amazing with me since I went in for advice last summer.  

I have really sensitive skin, I can be fine with a product for a few days and then suddenly my skin reacts to it or I can try something and within seconds my skin reacts.  It can be a bit of a nightmare, I would love to be someone who can pick up any product and use it without a second thought but that's just not the way my skin is.  

It's refreshing to find a brand that takes your concerns on board and isn't always looking for the sale which is why Clarins is my go to range of the moment.  Having been in earlier in the year I called my adviser Katherine and booked an appointment to test out foundation and concealer colours.  

I attended for my appointment and Katherine checked with how my skin was reacting to the products I am currently using.  She removed my makeup and checked my skin, she advised my that I have some visible pores around my nose and cheek area where I was experiencing some issues with oiliness and my foundation slipping by lunch time.  

She applied a face mask (Truly Matte) and checked with me throughout the time I had the mask on to ensure my skin was showing no sign of reaction.  After the mask was removed my usual moisturiser was applied as I know this one works for me (Multi Active Day).  

We then decided the best foundation for me would be Ever Matte, as I'm currently experiencing an oily  t-zone this would give me a matte finish which I could then control with powder throughout the day if necessary.  

Katherine tested three colours and made sure I was happy with the way it matched my skin.  She then applied this for me so I could wear it for the day to ensure I had no reaction.  I also tried two different types of concealer  and decided on their Instant Concealer in 01.  

Katherine then asked if I was up for trying their eye shadows to see how my skin responded to them.  So I tested their Ombre Iridescent pots with their eye primer.  

I was then supplied with samples of the pore perfecting serum, foundation and a highlighting base to take away and try before purchasing.  

I'm happy to say after several days I've had no reaction.  So my spring make up base now looks like this; 


With the rise of product availability, choice and blogging/vlogging reviews of make up it has become popular to mix and match products from multiple ranges and I have tried this in the past, but for me right now with my skin being the way it is I'm finding using one brand for skin care and make up base is paying off.  

My skin feels great with the serum and moisturiser I've been using from Clarins and now the make up is starting to come together and I feel comfortable and think it looks good on my skin.  

I do however change up my eye shadow brands, I am again careful to test where possible before purchasing which is harder to do compare to skin care but i've found several lines I can use comfortably.  For Spring I've chosen a Mac Palette in PeachLuxe.  




 

Product List 
Clarins Truly Matte Pore Minimising Serum 
Clarins Multi Active Day 
Clarins Special Eye Contour Balm 
Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base (02 Champagne) 
Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base 
Clarins Ever Matte Foundation (105) 
Clarins Instant Concealer (01)

Mac 
Eye Shadow Palette - Peach Luxe 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Ready With Me - Pamper Routine

Life is hectic, stressful and chaotic, it can play havoc with your skin, your health and your general wellbeing.  Sometimes you just have to say stop and take a little time for yourself to give your body a treat and recharge your batteries for the days/weeks ahead. After going through periods of stress and anxiety I found that taking some time to have a mini pamper session could lift my mood, help my skin and lower my stress levels.  I try at least once a week to give myself a mini pamper session to relax and refocus my mind. This is currently my pamper routine; As we move in to Spring I'm exfoliating my skin with Calcot Manor Body salts, this is refreshing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth after months of being hidden under long sleeves and jumpers. I apply to damp skin using a circular motion starting at the feet and working my way up. CALCOT MANOR SCRUB I then shower off the salts which do leave a bit of oil on the skin, I tend to follow up with Treacle Moon

10 Things I Love about "It's Okay to Not be Okay"

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint. So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far; 1.  Burton esq Whimsey The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character bea

It's "Almost" The Most Wonderful Time of The Year

It's the season to be jolly, there's just something about the Christmas season which fills your heart with hope, joy and make just maybe the odd Christmas Miracle.   I'm a Christmas person, I love the season, and yes to me it is a season, which kind of starts just after my Birthday in September.  That's when I start my planning; mind you I usually start my Christmas Shopping in January in order to spread the cost!   Right now, I'm planning my Christmas decorations and starting to work on some which are more craft based.  I'm a bit of a traditionalist, my tree tends to be red and gold, and although my tree is artificial as I have a rather excitable golden retriever who would probably chew or try to drag a real one in to the garden, it's green, I'm not a black or multi-colour tree type person.   Over the next couple of weeks I'll be working on a few craft projects, which I'll share here and hopefully it'll help get you in the Chris