Skip to main content

Birthday Treats and Weekend Relaxation

So this past week was my Birthday, no I'm not saying how old!  I've been enjoying some time off from my day job which has given me the opportunity to enjoy the following;

1. Girl's Games Night 
I'm a bit of a home body, I love entertaining in my house.  As it's hard sometimes to get a group together due to everyone's commitments it's really great fun to finally have everyone in the same place.  Every month or two I try to have a girls night in.  This usually involves lots of picky food, something nice to drink and some weird and wonderful board games. Now this might sound a bit boring but for my group of friends it's a great way to have a catch up, relax, enjoy some food and have a laugh.
What would a night be without desert or three of them!


2. Birthday Treats

I'm not a huge Birthday person, I much prefer Christmas!  But this year I had a really nice day spent with my Mam and then a gorgeous Italian at Bellini's with my two best friends.  I was also spoilt present wise this year.  I got two lovely perfumes;

Givenchy's Dahlia Noir 
I've loved this perfume since it's release, it has a really dark autumn/winter smell.  It has a lovely mix of mandarin and pink pepper which really make me feel warm.  I also always get positive comments when I wear this.  I tend to try and keep it as a staple perfume in my collection. 



Opium Black Opium - New Eau de Toilette 

When Black Opium was released,  I really like it's coffee undertone,  it was an ideal winter fragrance.  Deep, sexy and alluring.  So, when I saw the new Eau de Toilette I was quite intrigued to find out the difference.  Apart from the slightly pink glitter tinge to the bottle in place of the black I was expecting the scent to be very similar.  However, surprise this is really different, the original black coffee tones have been replaced with green coffee which makes it lighter but gives it a warm sultry kick.  

There's also notes of Black current, Pear and Green Mandarin.  
The bottle looks great on your dresser and this is a great day to night scent.  
Due to sensitivity of my skin I tend to wear perfume more on my clothes and in my hair and I really like the light scent which I get hints of throughout the day.  


Swarovski Necklace 
http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/2270234/swarovski+bolt+silver+tone+micro+crystal+pendant/
Swarovski Silver Micro Crystal Pendant 
I'm quite a classicist when it comes to jewellery, I stick to silver / white gold chains and my friends know me so well.  I was very lucky to receive this beauty this birthday.  It's delicate and beautiful, and it has a nice little shimmer that means I can wear this during the day and then it makes a little black dress look really classic and stylish.


3. Pamper Day 

One of my presents I received a few days after my birthday.  I spent a relaxing morning with my best friend visiting Beauty and the Spa , Newcastle.  This is a small spa in the centre of Newcastle, it's quite a secluded and private treatment area.  We both had two treatments,


  • Back Massage  - A relaxing back massage that lasted approximately 30 minutes with aromatherapy oils to invigorate and recharge.  


  • Express Facial - A warm exfoliation and moisturising treatment that takes around 20 minutes.  This left my skin feeling clear, warm and soft. 


After our pamper session we got make overs at the make up counter  (Bobbi Brown) I tried the Vitamin Enriched moisturiser which was amazing on my skin, primer, Long Wear Foundation, brightening Brick and scarlet lipstick.  I love Bobbi Brown Makeovers they are a great way to pick up tips and the products make my skin look radiant and I have no reaction to the products.

Once I was fully made up, we had lunch at Carluccio's which is a lovely Italian with it's own deli. I had wonderfully creamy Chicken Liver Pate starter followed by a light Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli which was delectable.


So as you can see I was well and truly spoiled!  I have great family and friends who stand by and support me every day.  I can talk here about presents and how nice it is to receive them but what is really special and important is spending time with the ones you love.  That is the best present I can receive and share.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Ready With Me - Pamper Routine

Life is hectic, stressful and chaotic, it can play havoc with your skin, your health and your general wellbeing.  Sometimes you just have to say stop and take a little time for yourself to give your body a treat and recharge your batteries for the days/weeks ahead. After going through periods of stress and anxiety I found that taking some time to have a mini pamper session could lift my mood, help my skin and lower my stress levels.  I try at least once a week to give myself a mini pamper session to relax and refocus my mind. This is currently my pamper routine; As we move in to Spring I'm exfoliating my skin with Calcot Manor Body salts, this is refreshing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth after months of being hidden under long sleeves and jumpers. I apply to damp skin using a circular motion starting at the feet and working my way up. CALCOT MANOR SCRUB I then shower off the salts which do leave a bit of oil on the skin, I tend to follow up with Treacle Moon

Festive Reads - Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market

My second Festive Read, yes I know it's still technically September, was Heidi Swain's Mince Pies and Mistletoe at the Christmas Market.   Released in October 2016, this book is part of the Wynbridge series, in this story we are introduced to Ruby who has recently dropped out of university and is heading home to run a market stall for the Cherry Tree Cafe in order to save some money to go travelling. Her dad is not happy that his daughter whom he seems to want to live vicariously through is working as a market trader.  It soon turns out there maybe more to his concerns about her working on the market than it first seemed.  Not only is Ruby faced with dealing with her dad and his strange behaviour but she is working on the stall next to her childhood sweet heart who after three years she still hasn't got over.  Throwing herself in to making this the best Christmas market ever Ruby is determined to being back the community feeling and turn Wynbridge's Christmas mar

10 Things I Love about "It's Okay to Not be Okay"

It's Okay to not be Okay, started this past weekend on Netflix and TVN, produced by Studio Dragon, Story TV and Goldmedalist, it is a Romantic Drama a a whimsical fairy tale twist, staring Kim Soo Hyun in his first TV drama since returning from military service and Seo Ye Ji of Lawless Lawyer. This is a show I've been looking forward to since it was announced and I have to say the pre show hype did not disappoint. So two episodes in, here are the ten things I love about this show so far; 1.  Burton esq Whimsey The show begins with a Tim Burton esq animation, reminiscent of the Corpse Bride and Nightmare before Christmas, with a twisted tale to match.  The dark fairy tale and graphic characters of the animation are carried through in to the illustrations of Ko Moon-young's (Seo Ye Ji) children's books I love how the animation isn't dark which makes some of its darker themes all the more impactful. It also sets up Ko Moon-young as a character bea